Thursday, January 7, 2010

38 wk update

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

well, my guess was wrong (unless lilly comes in the next 3.5 hours). lilly's birthday won't come before mine. oh well. it was a guess:)



had a non-stress test today to make sure lilly's heartbeat was doing ok and it surely was...praise God:) her heartrate was about an average of 140bpm. and she is definitely head down and LOW.

my bp - 120/70
wt - 154
forgot what my belly was measuring, but it feels big.
dilated - 3cm
effaced - 80%


dr's words - "in my experience, your labor probably won't be one of those all day/all night labors. you'll probably get in there and get it done quickly based on the progress you've made already. now that's no guarantee, but that's been my experience in the past."

sweet! we've been praying for a quick and safe/healthy delivery. i'm going to continue to pray that is really the case!


either way, we're excited and ready for her!

4 comments:

Shannon Dingle said...

Girl, I wasn't that far along until I had been at the hospital for four hours with Jocelyn's delivery - woohoo!

By the way, at Rex (if that's where you're delivering), they won't admit you if you're having contractions (even if they're close together and strong) unless you're at least 3 cm ... so you're already there!!! When I arrived in labor with Jocelyn, I had too much going on for them to send me home, but not enough for them to admit me. So I was in triage or walking laps around Rex (to get more happening) for a few hours!

Can't wait to hear that she's here!!!

Kara @ Just1Step said...

Ahhhh aren't you just so anxious for her to come?? I'm so excited for you.

We get to have another ultrasound in a week and a half since I'm measuring big. I'm excited to get another peak at our little Krew. :)

Becky said...

Yippee! So can't wait to meet Lilly Jo :)

Debbie said...

love you guys!! so excited for you all!!