Monday, August 15, 2011

small gesture, big meaning

friday night we met my sister, her hubby, their daughter and my mom for some pizza in cary before heading to the pool...
seth needed to get some cash for dinner so he ran next door to walmart...and apparently got lost in the way. or so i thought. took the man like 15 min to get cash. no joke. and 15 min is a long time when you're in a pizza joint w/ 2 wonderful yet small children, waiting to eat/feed them. patience started to ware, but thankfully he finally decided to join us.
with a card and small gift for me. awwwwwwww:)
it had been a rough couple of days for me as a mom, and in the grand scheme of things i know there are larger issues we'll face, but in the moment, those days were certainly a challenge.
that being said, seth got some cash and THEN proceeded to get me the sweetest card i think he's ever gotten me, along with a cd of my favorite singer from last season's american idol. don't judge.
but the card, simply stated, said this, "we don't do easy. we do interesting. we do challenging. we do hanging in. we do real life. and the inside said, "i'm glad we do." with a few more comments of his own...
almost started to cry in dominic's pizza.

i'm so thankful for the man God chose to give me to share in the joys and harships of this life here on earth...love you lou:)

5 comments:

Kara @ Just1Step said...

That is so incredibly sweet. :)
So sorry about your challenging days. I've had my share of those, and I just have one kid. :) Glad you're able to keep the big perspective!

The Vernon's said...

That is so sweet!

I'm with Kara, I only have one kid, and some days just wear me down. My prayer lately has been for patience, because it seems I am incredibly lacking these days. But I'm so glad the Lord and Aubrey love me anyway!

We are blessed! ;o)

Debbie said...

love that. seth scored some major awwww points in my book just now. and i love how well he loves you! love you guys! man, i said love a lot :) :) miss you!!

Katie said...

Great job Seth! Sorry to hear about the difficult days!

Kyla Marks said...

so sweet!