Sunday, October 24, 2010

9 Months


Monday Lilly Jo was 9 months old...holy moly:)

We had her 9 month well check on Monday and it went great! Well, I say great because she's a growing, healthy, active little girl. But if you had asked her how it went, I think she'd have said just the opposite. She was not a happy camper. Not sure if it's because she didn't have an afternoon nap beforehand, or if it's because it was time for her bottle, or if it was because she's starting to recognize/remember what the doctor's office is and means. Peanut pitched a fit anytime I sat her on the exam table. Even if the dr wasn't in the room. Hmmm. Oh well, it made for less painful shots (in my mind) because she was screaming her head off before the nurse even wiped her leg w/ the sanitizing wipe prior to the immunizations.

Anyways, she's developing well in all areas - cognitively, socially, physically - and I'm so thankful for that, and don't take it for granted.

Her dr is so sweet and listens very intently to all my questions and gives wonderful, thorough answers. She just adores Lilly Jo, so I can't help but love her!

Her vital stats are in a stack of papers in her room where she's asleep and I'm too tired to walk to her room, but they're something to the effect of...
head - 97th percentile
length - 80th percentile
weight - 80th percentile (20lb, 13oz - that's the only measurement I can actually remember)
Lately you can find Lilly Jo -
-cruising along anything she can hold onto (couches, tables, chairs, legs, etc)
-eating puffs like there's no tomorrow and starting finger foods (very cautiously bc it scares me to pieces!)
-eating the baby food dinners (like turkey and rice and veggies)
-still drinking almost 8oz bottles, 4 times a day
-waking up anywhere btw 6 and 7am (although closer to the 6am side of things)
-babbling all day long
-says 'mamamama' and 'dadadadadada' a lot, and maybe starting to actually connect it to me (mama) and seth (dada)
-learning what 'no' means
-playing with cords (which in turn begs a 'no no' from mama or dada)
-learning to sign 'more' and 'all done', and waving 'bye-bye'


And many other things but my brain is in shut down mode, so that's all for now...

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,
These are so sweet!