Friday, February 3, 2012

bday post #3 - Lilly Jo is TWO!!





Having a 2 year old makes me, on some level, feel old and like I'm not a newbie at being a parent anymore. Thankfully that feeling only lasts about 2 seconds before I'm quickly reminded that I'm definitely still a newbie parent and I daily need to rely on God's strength, grace, love and truth lest I crumble at anything that goes wrong or isn't easy. Which is probably 90% of the time.
Lilly Jo has been such a blessing to Seth and I - seeing her grow and change over the past 2 years has brought immense joy to our lives! Lilly Jo is a kindhearted, curious, people watcher who clearly soaks in every part of life she sees, feels, hears, smells and tastes! She has hit a huge growth spurt in her social development just over the last 2 weeks and she is talking non-stop. She tries to repeat everything you say, no matter how long the sentence. Just as with any other stage she's gone through, I absolutely love this stage! Trying as it may be to hear her repeat a phrase over and over for 20 minutes, I know she's learning so much by doing it, and I love hearing her remember things she learned a day ago or a week ago, and repeat them with excitement!
Like Jack, she had her 2 yr checkup today and also did amazing well. Thankfully she only had one vaccination, which she did great at, only whimpering slightly until she too got her 'juice' packet. She's such a trooper - we were both so proud!
Her stats are that she, too, has a large noggin (96%), is 1 inch shy of being 3 ft tall (75%), and weighs just over 27 lbs (50%). She too was very attentive to the dr as she was examined, but kept reminding us that she wanted a bandaid (not sure if she would have longed for that bandaid so much if she knew why it came to her!).
As I've mentioned before, she is much more aware that we're having a baby this go-round, and she loves mentioning her sister Amelia Katelynn, and has named her babies Amelia as well:) She pointed to my belly again today and I think can tell that it's beginning to grow a lot more. Seth and I cannot wait to see her face when she meets Amelia Katelynn and sees that she's a real person, and that, Lord willing, we'll bring her home in late May!! I know she's absolutely going to love taking care of her little sister!
We're going to begin potty training tomorrow so we'll see how this new stage goes for Lilly Jo (and for mommy and daddy)!

















No comments: