Monday, February 28, 2011

Retired!

Today was officially my last day of work at Health Decisions. It's hard to believe I worked there for just about 4.5 years...what a wonderful first job to have out of college! I had the opportunity to meet and grow close to so many people there and it's hard to believe I won't see them on a daily basis anymore. I definitely plan on visiting every now and then to catch up, but it won't be the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to stay at home full time with Jack and Lilly, but I will most certainly miss my co-workers.
Last week my manager and I were talking and she told me a funny conversation she had with her 8 (is that right Kevyn?) year old son. I think she must have told him recently about some people that were leaving the company for whatever reason, and the conversation went something like this...

"Mom, you still have your friend Rebecca at work."
"Well son, she's gone now too."
"Did she leave because she had all those babies?"
"Yes, she left because she had all those babies."
"So she's retired now?"
"Yes. She's retired."

So there you have it folks...
I've officially retired to take care of all my babies!

Next time I'm having a frustrating day at home, I just need to remind myself that I'm RETIRED and this is all FUN and no work. Right?!

Gotta love kids:)

2 comments:

Shannon Dingle said...

It is fun (and hard) work! Congrats on being "retired," and enjoy those beautiful babies!

Unknown said...

Yes, Rebecca, Nik is eight years old. I hope you enjoy your retirement and don't forget to set your calendar for March 11th, snack day.