Sunday, January 9, 2011

1.8.83

Yesterday I turned 28:) I had a wonderful day with my family...and it started out with some Dunkin Donuts coffee and bagel with my wonderful hubby and baby girl...
Later that morning we met up with the rest of my family at a pottery painting place in Cary. I've been wanting to paint a ''Happy Birthday" plate for Lilly Jo, so this was the perfect opportunity. John and Nat ended up painting some pieces as well...and Seth and my mom helped entertain the girls (and Seth added his creative advice here and there since he didn't paint anything!).

Then afterward we headed back to my mom's for some lunch, dessert and presents. Mom always makes a special-request meal for our birthdays, and this particular year I was craving some of her creamy chicken noodle soup....ooooooh soooooo good:) So we had that with some salad and french bread...with a delicious chocolate desert from Trader Joes (that I can't right off the top of my head think of what it's called).
One of mom's gifts to me was a super cute basket full of cheeses and bell peppers. She knows I love both of them and don't normally spend the money on them for myself (since Seth doesn't eat them). She's quite the creative one and I just love how she makes every gift extra special - check out the 'Say Cheese' basket below:)

Uncle John reading to the girls...so sweet:)

And then, to make the day extra special, we had some visitors stop by my mom's for a little while - the Faircloths. I watched Taylor (above) and Faith (below) from the time they were both very little girls...I think Taylor was about 2 or 3 when I started watching her and then Faith came along a little later and I watched her from when she was about Lilly Jo's age. We had so much fun together, doing crafts, going on walks, playing in the park, attending the Cary Christmas parade, and tons more...I can't believe how grown up they are now, and that they will soon be able to babysit my babies!!


To end the birthday celebrations, mom took Lilly Jo home to watch her while Seth and I had a date. He took me to Sushi Thai and we had plans to go to Build-A-Bear to make a bear for Jack afterwards, however, I started feeling sick during dinner so we ended up getting dinner to go and heading home where we finished dinner and relaxed together since LJ was already in bed.
It was a wonderful birthday and I am so blessed that God gave me such a wonderful family!!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Yay! We got props :) I didn't know it was your birthday. Happy Birthday!