Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Surprise Baby Shower!

A couple weekends ago, our new church family (Harvest Bible Chapel North Raleigh) threw a baby shower for Seth and I. It was actually a surprise shower for me - Seth had me thinking he was taking me out somewhere on Saturday for a few hours. I had no idea this was what we would be doing that day!!
It was so evident how hard everyone worked to make this shower so special. The theme was the Wolfpack (they know us all too well!) and all the party decorations, food and games displayed the theme so well.
Julie Kennedy, our church baker, made us some delicious red and white cupcakes.

Whitney made us a Wolfpack diaper cake - complete with a Wolfpack sippy cup and some Wolfpack pacifiers. Sooo cute!

The food we had was very similar to the tailgating cuisine we're used to - BBQ, chips and cheese, wings, etc. It was absolutely delicious - I only wish Seth hadn't let me eat lunch 2 hours before:)

And here Seth is trying one of 4 baby foods to guess what it is...whatever it is, it must not be that bad:)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Meg said...

we just found your blog! What a fun baby shower!
congrats!

Angela said...

Other than the hospital pacifier, the Wolfpack paci was the only one Catherine liked. Her daddy was proud. I hope it works as well for you!